Oakland Temple


What a beautiful Temple we have, here in California. We went this Friday 3th of July, Ramon and I went to the visitors center. He loves to touch the big statue of Jesus Christ, especially the foot marks (I don't know if he is allowed to do it, but it is easier to say sorry that to hold Ramon ;D ).

I'm sure some of you doesn't know what a Temple es and why the Mormons build them. If you go to this link you can learn about it.
(What is a Templo?) http://www.lds.org/temples/home/0,11273,1896-1,00.html

(En Español: Que es un Templo?) http://www.lds.org/temples/home/0,11273,1896-3,00.html

After the Temple we went camping. Ramon was the one who push us to do it. Todd had been traveling a lot in the last three weeks, so we needed some special time all together.

We went to a beautiful Redwood Forest. All for us. Seems like everyone went to the beach instead.








We love the Redwoods. There are a lot of things to see and to do.








So today after camping we went to the Farmers Market to eat something and later to see the Parade. It was amazing, we saw some dancing horses and heard a great band.



By the way, I finished my quilt!!!!
I feel very Proud
HAPPY 4th of JULY!!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

That quilt is awesome, Fati!! I love it. Really great work. Your camping trip looks so fun. I would love to see the Redwoods. Ramon looks so much bigger from just a month ago. He is so handsome. The Oakland temple is beautiful. I totally know what you mean about giving apologies verses fighting with kids. :) Only one more month and we'll be camping in Utah. :)

Fatima Humphreys said...

Thanks Abbie,
The quilt was a times a nightmare, but I keep doing it and I really liked the result. I learn a lot from doing it. When are you going to visit us? We will love it. I dream to go one day to San Diego.

I'm really counting the days to go camping in Utah. See you soon.

Mike and Jen said...

Great quilt Fatima! I love it! We are going to Ithaca this weekend. It will be nice to be back for a visit. I haven't been there since I left 4 years ago!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time...visiting the temple, the Redwood forest, having lots of family visitors....
we miss you berry picking now, but it sounds like you have lots of great things there to enjoy too!:)

Toots said...

Hello Fati! I have missed being on your blog for about a month now because our computer crashed...so we had to get a new one. It's nice but it wasn't fun to spend the money. Anyhow, I am glad to be in contact with you guys again. I love your quilt! Wow, you are so talented. It is wonderful. I hope you will do more! Also, the Redwoods do look so amazing to camp in. Sounds like you all had such a good time together and it is so pretty there! I love the pictures of Ramon and Todd in the forest. We sure misss you guys and can't wait to see you again.